Monday, August 5, 2013

Lesson Plans: Sports and Trophies

I had my second working interview this morning (at the same place as the last one), but this was with an older preschool group. I had to do another lesson and activity and my theme for this week was sports! So we started off by reading Clifford: Sports Day! It was a cute book and the kids loved it. Then after that we played a pattern game where the kids had to tell me which sport related item came next in the group. The kids were really into this and they did such a good job, they're super smart! After that, we decorated our own trophies! I found the idea for this craft on Pinterest and I just couldn't resist! I figured it was unique and probably not something the kids had ever gotten to do (or would get to do). They were a hit! Tony, mom, and I put the trophies together over the weekend (to save time) and then I brought them into school with me and had the kids decorate them. They got to use foam stickers (hearts, stars, and sports shapes) and glitter pens. While they were working on them I went around and asked each kid their name and what letter it begin with (they all did really well at this part). I then gave them the appropriate foam letter and let them attach it to their trophy. They turned out super cute and the kids loved them! I wish I had taken a picture. Below is a picture of my pattern board/game and a picture of the trophy that I made. I've also attached a copy of my lesson plan for the activity! Hope you enjoy!


No comments:

Post a Comment